Svarik and Liron IX

1234 ... 69

Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Continuation of the roleplay:

" It is still early, so we are going to let Ben sleep for half another hour. White wants to let him rest a little more. He went to sleep late last night, just like you and that silly bird of prey. " Mole smiled at him lightly. " Inevitable is inevitable, but there's no reason to rush it just jet. Falcon is preparing others as to what they're gonna do once you leave, and they are going through the letter you got times and times again. Very boring stuff. Come on, dear, you might get killed today, and you are still selfishly keeping all of you to yourself... " he grinned a little teasingly. " Why not give me the pleasure of taunting you for ten more minutes? I am a Team B as well, you know, I don't have anything to do until you get back, and being bored that long, well, it's pretty devastating, my king. "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
"Was that supposed to make me more calm or more nervous?" Svarik smirked a little. "Whatever it was, I'm really glad to see you again, Mole." He sat down next to the bard, since it seemed there is still time.

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yeah, I am glad to see you too, Snowflake. It's been too long, but I was busy, and the city's underground is a mess with Falcon so often absent. I don't really get days off, specially since it takes longer to go to distance now. " Mole replied pleasantly, standing shortly and putting a huge plate of prepared nourishing meal before king, while he took a new basket of cookies and tea to soak them in for himself.
" I didn't mean to cheer you up, really - just throwing some fun facts at you. But if you'd like a cheering up, maybe you should really go join with others soon - Falcon has been, previously in dreams with White, but now awake as well, just striding around everywhere, boosting up morale and making preparations. He's like a nervous school girl, now, that this is third time you're facing some mortal danger since he met you. Super silly, extra nervous school girl, to be exact, one that just can't win an A from a hot teacher, one like you, for example. On both tests of keeping you alive so far, after coronation and at long night, he scored C at best. I'd really give him an F for second time, since you actually did die briefly." he winked teasingly, like always, without hair on the tongue. " It is just super cute to watch him run around and sweat as he mentally prepares for a final F, your third death... That saying, if I was doubting even a little bit that you will not make it to the evening, it would be super sad, but watching him with full confidence in you, it's really just adorkable.  I know it lightened up my mood at least. "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator

"I see you are getting right to the point with the teasing," Svarik bowed his head slightly as if acknowledging an artist's performance. "But this isn't really about me... It's true I may die, just like anyone nearby if this goes wrong. But this is about Ben. He's the one I'm afraid for... This is my test, not Conrad's, unless something goes seriously wrong..."

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well, that letter said that we might face, like, thousand years of darkness or something, and ti doesn't even say if that's the worst case scenario. Miasma poisoning was the term circulating around, if I recall right, one even too strong for White to swallow without growing ill for quite a while. " Mole noted, sipping his drink. " Full trust in you and all - we'll all have to be ready here, to do what we can, to make sure casualties are at minimum if worst happens, all, from super agile vampires to super awesome bards, like me. You notice how unusually quiet it is here, by the way, when we are at that? " he said, dipping cookie into tea casually. " Most of the mansion is already evacuated, and lot of noble families from neighborhood were invited on some carefully planned parties that happen today, at palace, which is at safer distance. We have that, and like, bazillion other things in motion to make sure least amount of people are around this area... And another bazilion things to make sure we who stay have some chance in case of super unpleasanties. " man smiled a little. " Don't worry, little silly Nightingale - while you focus on spiritual and other stuff, me, Falcon, and the rest of the Grand Seven and Organisation, will cover the practical difficulties and do best we can if you fail. That way, if something does go seriously wrong and you do get crushed by the impending doom, you can at least die knowing us survivors will strive for best of the worst outcomes, isn't that neat at least? "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
"That's... good to know..." Svarik said, and the slight hint of sarcasm in the reply was rather drowned with seriousness as he realized he really means it before finishing the sentence. He sighed. "I don't know if I would call it neat, though. Let us hope it won't come to that..."

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Still, better safe than sorry. " Mole noted, with a touch more seriousness in his voice, which was a bit at odd, considering a little grin on his face. " If you look at it that way, I'm sure you'll feel better about it. Besides, even if you all get killed in some hilarious fashion, we still have lots of magical people in team B - Sun Spirits, White, Two headed Raven, Ciel, Falcon, the vampires, lord Nameless's daughter... We even will have that Zeph guy you met yesterday. Letter specifically says we are probably gonna need him by the end of the day even if all goes right - but in case of trouble, as Erdel knows him, we are going to send him to fetch the Highlander too. He will not miss a chance to aid Riversong no more than you do. We are going to be perfectly fine in case of Berserk button pressed, see? "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik nodded, nibbling on his food without much taste. "You should still remain in a safe distance once it begins," he said. "There will be a lot of this miasma thing, and only a few of us have some protection against it. I'm not sure even inside the house it's safe..."

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" We know it's not safe. Everyone knows it. Those that are here will either evacuate too shortly, either choose to stay, you know. I chose already, that is why I'll stay here. If even the Captain and his guards had chosen to stay, my staying is out of question. Besides, it may seem like I'm just chilling, but I have super important job to live up to today...  " Mole commented more quietly, playing out few dramatic notes, before grinning more widely. " I am the moral support. "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
"It would be a biggger moreal support to know you are all safe..." Svarik muttered.

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yeah, but I am not a moral support to *you* today, pumpkin, despite how dear to me you are. " Mole chuckled, and he bumped Svarik's shoulder lightly in greeting. " I am moral support to those who stay behind your epic quest and remain here. I am moral support to team B.And our dear Conrad specially. " he said that first name more quietly, as Falcon rarely went with it publicly. His face was adorned with most adorable grin. " If he doesn't get enough support, at this rate, I fear he will spontaneously combust. Making sure it doesn't happen is a totally worthy task of a nonmagical team player, don't you think? "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
"I do hope it's worth the risk of staying so dangerously close..." Svarik sighed, pushing the rest of his food aside.

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It's totally worth the stay Anyway, off the subject, please, do not do this to me, pumpkin. " Mole commented a little less jokily, and he quietly but firmly pushed the tray back toward Svarik. " You are going to be playing a lot of music today, and will need a lot of energy. In a few hours, when you are dead tired and need to weave that special song, you'll regret not eating enough to sustain your focus. Ben needs you today, you silly little vegetable... If you're not going to eat for purpose of Falcon not killing me should you faint from exhaustion - eat for Ben, dear. "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator

"I'm nervous..." Svarik murmured. "I'm afraid I will throw up if I eat more, and that won't help anything..."

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" You have such an restless stomach, don't you? No wonder, considering how unpredictable and thin your meals must had been in last ten years. Just thinking about you eating a bit of cheese and bread for whole lunch - uh, so unacceptable. You still have some 15 pounds due to gain, at least, as far as I am concerned. " Mole commented with some endearing note, pinching Svarik's cheek in both a little jokey, a little loving manner. He seemed to understand Svarik's point, though. " I will let you of the hook this once, though - under two conditions, of course. My life is super important, and now I am gonna lose it if you die by Conrad's hands, so I won't allow it cheaply. You must do two things for me. First, eat at least this one delicious cookie. It is filled with dough of love that dispels nervousness, pinky promise. " he handed king one from his pile, a juicy and tasty one he probably had intended to eat last had Svarik finished his meal. " And second, when you get back, I am going to make you some nice super sweet pie and play you a congratulations song, does that sound like a sound deal, you little pumpkin? "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator

"Alright," Svarik smiled a little, and took two cookies. "See, I will even take one for the way to save you from trouble."

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I will hold you for word there, you, you... Sweetcakes. " Mole grinned broadly at the sentiment, seeming to enjoy giving Svarik new endearing nicknames. " You still have a few minutes you'd have spent eating, though - would you like me to play you some tune or song right now, while we are both warm and cozy here? " he offered pleasantly, tuning up his white lute readily. " I'd love to treat you a bit before you go, you know, because I am super awesome and stuff. What would you like to hear? "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator

"I haven't heard your songs for a while, do you have some new one?" Svarik asked.

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Something new? Nothing too poetic, I fear. Just about ten dozen new heartfelt and tear-jerking songs about awesome meadow king. I am into subtle political propaganda these days, you see. " Mole laughed out heartily. " You sure you want a piece of that pile? Maybe there is something older that you haven't heard that may improve your mood better. After all, I have approximate knowledge of many thing, but Lowlandian folklore is not one of those things.. " he grinned naughtily. " In that, I have amazing knowledge. There must be something you'd like. "

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
"Consider me convinced, I really don't feel like listening to songs about myself now. But..." he grinned a little naughtily, "don't tell me you didn't make even one song about Conrad."

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Dear, Conrad is a fugitive in hiding. Gods know how often we'll have to pass over this fact, but - truly, it'd be a pretty bad taste to weave songs to remind people further that famous traitor Bloody Mayor existed. " Mole whispered very quietly, and played out few mysterious notes. " On the other hand.. " he added innocently. " Songs about elusive awesome underground leader Falcon, well.. I may just have a few of those. Would you like to hear one? " he asked mischievously, with a wink.

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
"That's exactly what I meant," Svarik smiled, leaning back comfortably to listen.

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

VisAnastasis
Administrator
(OOC: Took me a while to find epic and unique enough song, so here it is :)

" Ok, then, let's see.. I think this one will be neat to hear. Keep your mind ope, I am going to show you something personal, from the dark proud past years of our city, when it was much less favorable - when even a bard could be put to prison or punished over singing a wrong song - and many wrong songs did I sing, heh, that is true. " Mole grinned a bit after considering his options for a moment, over years probably writing many songs for Conrad. "  I am going to play you the song that for many years, and still to now, is played at secret gatherings, at inns and in farmlands, by people that speak of Falcon and the legend he became, forming a secret brotherhood that is fighting against tyranny. It's quite popular around this city area, as you can imagine.  This was first song I composed for him, from first impression I gained of him, and from times when we struggled to become a stronger force to be dealt with, and take over Underground, make a name for ourselves in this bloody mess. It was super fun and super dangerous - such wonderful time to be alive and make songs in.  " he smiled mysteriously, as if at some absurd fond memories of harder times. "  Falcon always loved it. He dedicated it to all the people under his wing. In fact, it was a first song I had the privilege to hear him play and sing. It was a grand honor to me, for Falcon rarely does that... Here it goes, pumpkin...  "

(  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=939ACReWKfE :D )

Voices joined will never tire
Brothers all are we
Streets they run with blood and fire
The price of liberty

My revolution carries me
In a moment lost in time
My revolution sets me free
I will flow across the lines

Bring out the brother in me
I’m searching for unity
Everything is changing
Inside of me
The city’s under my feet
The ruins of the elite
Everything is changing
Inside of me

Secret truths are buried deep
Two fathers on two sides
With every lunge and leap
Closer to my kind

My revolution carries me
In a moment lost in time
My revolution sets me free
I will flow across the lines

Bring out the brother in me
I’m searching for unity
Everything is changing
Inside of me
The city’s under my feet
The ruins of the elite
Everything is changing
Inside of me

Révolution dans les rues (Revolution in the streets)
Je vois le chaos en dessous (I watch the chaos down below)
La justice est une rivière rouge (Justice is a red river)
Je te cherche, où es-tu? (I search for you, where are you?)

My revolution carries me...
My revolution sets me free...

My revolution carries me
In a moment lost in time
My revolution sets me free
I will flow across the lines

Bring out the brother in me
I’m searching for unity
Everything is changing
Inside of me
The city’s under my feet
The ruins of the elite
Everything is changing
Inside of me

My revolution...
It’s gonna carry me
Carry me

Révolution dans les rues (Revolution in the streets)
Je vois le chaos en dessous (I watch the chaos down below)
La justice est une rivière rouge (Justice is a red river)
Je te cherche, où es-tu? (I search for you, where are you?)

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
(OOC: You didn't have to look for one, but it's really great! I played the game :))

Svarik listened quite entranced with the bold and grand images of Falcon that the song conveyed. "That's a great song!" he said sincerely when it ended. "I got the melody, but you must write me the words sometimes. I can't wait to see Conrad's face when I play it..."

Re: Svarik and Liron IX

Mirach
Administrator
( OOC: I like to go by order, so I still didn't play that one, I currently just installed Black Flag, but it's definitelly on my list :D
And author of the song is Miracle of Sound, and he has amazing songs he makes himself about video games and  even some movies/shows, that are very atmospheric and epic, so if you like those sorts of things you can always check out the channel, he always has amazing lyrics and good beat.

" I have dozen of songs about him, as it's appropriate for a majestic underground ruler such as himself. " Mole confided innocently to him. " I know them all, most are made by me as a subtle propaganda, as you must assume, but some are also collaborations on lyrics between me and Conrad, or fan art made by other musicians around. For an adequate prizes... " he blinked away innocently. " I'm ready to make deals to share some of this super precious knowledge with you. I think for a start, having a breakfast tomorrow with me would be appropriate enough prize for sharing of another song. I am expensive, you see, I only accept best wares for my songs. "

***

(OOC: I know him and I like a lot of his songs, but haven't checked for new ones in a while)

"Oh, such a high price?" Svarik smiled. "Very well, sir, have it your way. But I want the words with the deal. I don't have a perfect memory like Conrad to remember them from one hearing, unlike melody."

***

"Okay, lyrics included. " man smiled widely. " I am glad you like this one, by the way... " he bowed his head theatrically, in manner appropriate for an amazing performer such as himself. " It's neat to get a recognition for the song about revolution, from a king none the less. It's indeed an unique experience not to be imprisoned for such sort of song making. " he grinned widely, seeming rather pleased.

***

Svarik smirked with that. "Well, as far as it's not a revolution against me, I'm fine."

***

" That's great to hear. " Mole smiled somewhat mysteriously. " Because, to be honest, our revolution of the system did succeed already. Just think about it - Council and General are no longer on the head of the country. You are here. Yes, we are anarchists at heart.. " he took another cookie, taking a big bite that smeared over his face most adorably. " But I think we managed to overthrown the previous government for you on rather smart way, with minimal loses, all things considered. As long as you remain true, and not send any of us to face the gallows all of a sudden on some sneaky mean way, I doubt we'd have much reason to overthrow you, pumpkin.

***

"If I do that, please find out who posessed my body," Svarik said. "But I think I should go now... Thanks for the song."

***

" Anytime, sugar, anytime. " Mole reassured, pinching his cheek lightly once more. " I think it's just about time for me to check that Nameless's and Ben's breakfast are ready. I can bake rather neatly ever since I was young, but I don't think anyone can do use White's flowers as skilfully as Jake could. " he bid king farewell and let him go, while he himself stood up and left to oven to check out on some flowery pie he was apparently making.

***

Svarik took one cookie for the way as he promised, and then went out to the garden to join Conrad and the others before they will have to retreat to a safer distance.

***

Just as Mole predicted, in the garden, expected group was there - Conrad, Ciel, Liron... And also vampire Erdel and Melody, who were sitting high upon one of the bigger trees, it being more comfortable for vampire to avoid sun up there, in the crown filled with leaves in this garden that was already experiencing its spring.
They were reading Carol's letter again, as king sow, as if trying to figure out over again if they may have missed any clues.

When he noticed king, Falcon raised his head immediately, and wished him good morning.

***

"Good morning," Svarik replied warmly. "I see you have been busy. Did you find out anything new?"

***

" Nothing exactly new. " Falcon replied, offering Svarik a place beside him underneath a tree to sit at. " But if you check out apparently, while giving us lot of guidelines, Carol gave us little details. Specially after we are supposed to throw small version of a demon into the pond - his instructions just stop there, and he doesn't say anything about what happens afterwards to it and Ben. " Falcon noted. But based on everything, I think we figured out more or less what is supposed to happen. First, Team A  and Ben go outside of city, on safe distance. Then, Nameless locks his spirit side with Star Boy's Key. Then, what is demonic takes over and then you gain trust of the demon, and all of you play for it to help it. Then, it transforms into smaller form, and you carry it here, to the pond. Instructions end there, but what we figured, is that once thrown in the pond, it's most likely Ben's soul will be torn in two parts under pressure  - one of a demon and one of a Spirit. That is why we figured Lord Nameless should already be in the pond, to make sure that, after demon's side of Riversong cleanses and slips through White and Vein to be reborn, he can grab a hold of what remains of Ben's soul, so he would not pass away as well but remain with us... We figured he'd, after that, probably use the key to unlock what he locked at a start of process, so Ben could regain consciousness and clothe his soul with a body. However, that is pretty much what we figured out, based on the style of writing. And, also, we figured it seems like using spells would make the demon too nervous, and that instead, what Carol really expects to calm it down would be music instead, so that is why he writes to you as if you're most important in this. It's likely demon will remember you already played song to help it in last two days and are trustworthy. "

***

Svarik nodded slowly. "It sounds reasonable. But still I would be calmer if I knew a bit more. How should I get the demon's trust, for example? Do you think it would understand if I talk to it, or should I play for it right away? That will be rather critical moment, right after it appears, and I don't think I can afford any mistakes there..."

***

" It'll probably be confused and disoriented at first, sire. Not that easy to communicate with until it gets a sense of its surrounding. It had never been conscious, after all." Lord Ciel replied. " That is why it may be better if you stayed at safer distance at first. Both you and Nammeless are rather vulnerable today, as humans. He will even have to be right beside that demon as it transforms, but you don't have to at least." he replied, with some layer of concern in his voice. " I will ask the same I asked him - do all you can, but until you are more certain it won't just step over you as it tries to figure out what is happening; please, do be careful, sire, and do not do anything until you can see better what is going on. "

***

"So... like approaching a scared and hurt animal, that can kill you with one bite..." Svarik murmured.

***

" Yeah, why do you think we are worried, honestly? " Falcon snorted a little, apparently hiding concern with humor. " Not because we expect it to be all peaches and strawberries, that's for sure. "

***

"It won't be easy, I know. But I can do it," Svarik said. "Don't worry, please..."

***

" I don't worry - I am radically chill. " Falcon grinned at him a little, straightforwardly telling such an obvious lie that he didn't even try to come up with excuses as to why. " Your captain of the Guard, on the other hand, is the one that is radically worried. It took me ages to convince him you don't need a support of half of the army while doing this. Could you perhaps just talk to him as well before you leave to assure him it's fine, just like you TOTALLY reassured me? To be honest... " he sighed a bit wistfully. " Whenever we sneak out, we give him a mayor headache, so I think we owe the poor guy that much. "

***

"Well, I'm sure I can reassure him as much as I reassured you..." Svarik smiled mirthlessly. "But that part by the river is not what I'm worried for... Even if me manage all that, what if Ben does not come out of the pond at the end?"

***

" That's why I assume Carol said we'll need Zephir to do something after all is done. " Falcon reminded Svarik patiently. " From what I figured, after demon half of soul departs, Nameless will be left standing in the pond, holding the Spirit half so it would not pass away. Then, we have to figure out how to unlock it. By tone of the letter, it seems obvious we'll not figure it out, though - so that's why, as soon as we make sure we are done, Erdel is going to bring Zephir to do whatever he is supposed to do according to Carol's future vision. " he looked up at the tree, to get confirmation from the vampire, who nodded lightly to note he'll be at hand.

***

"Even that doesn't sound like it's too certain to succeed..." Svarik murmured, and then he pressed Conrad's hands. "I understand how you feel... I'm most worried for the part where I can't do anything but watch, too..."

***

" Yes, that is quite correct. " Falcon grinned a bit. " But Zephir did make those necklaces that are supposed to save your lives and all, and I know more of his skills and what he had done at Long Night than you... pumpkin. " he repeated Mole's preferable nickname, indicating he had been paying attention and listening to their conversation. " I understandably have faith he knows his weird stuff enough to be of some use. If you promise to give your best to trust that I'll make sure things are done well after you return, I'll do my best to trust you'll return to begin with, kiddo, deal? "

***

"Fine, if you try to trust me in turn, I can try as well..." Svarik said. "It's not Zephir I wouldn't trust though, I'm just afraid it will be finally too much for Ben. But I shall trust him as well, right? What else can I do?"

***

" Besides talk with Your Captain, and being very careful at start of his transformation so you wouldn't end up killed in first few minutes of it? " Falcon asked, pressing Svarik's hand back lightly. " There isn't much left of vital advises we have. I just want you to promise to keep cool head and not rush into it without observing situation first. I just want to remind you that now you have flower in White's garden, and hence, have mental bond with him. We can communicate through him, since I have flower too. When you find time, share a line or two as to how you're doing, so I can make plans here accordingly. If you are stuck, we will be here, so you can ask advises from White too. You are not alone - we are all connected through our flowers, and we are all in this together. " he explained patiently, and then smiled a bit.
" Now, I think I'll have to go to Death and Ben, to wake him and explain them all this. Would you like to go with me, to make him up and explain things to him? Or would you perhaps rather prefer to do it instead of me, while I wrap up the plans with team B? It would certainly help me out if you'd do it. "

***

"Thanks, I will remember the flowers. And I will wake him and explain, can you just send the captain to me after that, so I don't have to look for him?" Svarik asked.

***

" Captain is in the common room, with five of your guards. They are discussing today, too. " Falcon said readily, apparently, both on his own, and through White's help, keeping in touch with people around him. " He has flower in White's garden too, so I'll make sure White tells him you're coming. Good luck, my little Nightingale. " Man wished him warmly, and tousled his hair a bit, before letting him go.
In the tent, he found Ben, still in form of little kitten, sleeping closely curled beside awake Death.

***

Death looked up when he entered. "Is it time?" he asked. When Svarik nodded, he just said: "I will wake him," so Svarik went to wake Nameless instead, leaving Death a moment with Ben.

Death caressed the kitten's fur under the chin. "Wake up, kitty..." he said gently.

***

Kitten seemed sensitive to touch, and with White's hold lessening to enable him to wake up more easily, it tousled a little at a caress, howling quietly and appearing as if it tried to stand up. When it looked around slowly and figured out where it is, though, it relaxed a little, and sank back down in Death's embrace, its little paws apparently too burnt by now to allow it to stand. Despite awake now, it curled back in the hug, as if trying to draw some strength from it.
" I am awake... You silly big... Cat mom... " a thin teasing thought came as a reply, and kitten purred lightly, a bit to reassure Death, a bit to comfort itself, as cats tend to do when in pain.

***

Death caressed him again lightly. "Would you like to stay in this form?" he asked. "I can carry you to the kitchen to have some breakfast."

***

" It's time already, isn't it? " he asked, mirroring Death's question. He sighed, trying to stand up for a moment, but failing. " That may be best... I don't think I can go that far anymore. I am just thirsty, but I feel like throwing up instead, though.. I can't do it... I have to eat something... " kitten replied a bit powerlesly, leaning against him. " Could you... Perhaps.. Take the pain away? " he bid a touch timidly, seeming a little insecure to ask for something. " If I could have a little clearer mind, I am sure I could eat a little.... "

----

Nameless took a little while to wake, seeming a bit sleepy after waking up, but apparently White already informed him about what was to happen, so he, seeming half asleep still, just in some instinct raised a thumb high up in the air, lying still, murmuring something illegible with smile, as if to mark he's awake and alright even if he was awake only barely.

***

Death focused for a moment, trying to find out if he can use his power that way already. But Nammy's touch did him much good, and he smiled at Ben a little. "Yes, I can do that," he said and did it gradually, so that it felt more natural not did not cause any shock.

Svarik gave Nameless a bit more time to get awake fully. "The breakfast is ready in the kitchen, and we can discuss our strategy there."

***

Kitten moaned quietly with relief, relaxing again fully, now that the pain was gone. It did not exert itself or tried to move much, knowing that wounds are still there, but he appeared much more at ease now, a little with relief, a little with safety of knowledge he can count on Death to help. He licked old Spirit's hand lightly, and focused on him right away now that his mind was free from agonizing distraction.
" I am sorry I had to ask this from you at time like this... so soon..." kitten replied, by this thought reply being much more coherent and clear, it being easy to see in how big pain it must had been previously to request such a thing in the first place. " How are you doing? Are you alright? Did it hurt? " it asked right away, wanting to make sure it did not cause his companion much grief with requesting his assistance so early after long few days he had been using his hospitality already.

---

" That is great, I am super hungry. I see there are few cooks left there, but I hope they left us some super sweet cookies somewhere at least.... we must go of on a epic quest to find a few... can't live unless I get myself some of those, heh... " Lord grinned a bit, sitting down slowly. Despite his overall nice tone, his usual cheerfulness was not as dominant as yesterday, as despite calm, he glanced a bit over Death shyly too, as if checking to make sure Spirit is alright after he slept guarding him last night, with a bit of curiosity observing Riversong's tiny cat form as well.

***

"Just stung a little, but it's fine now," Death assured him . "Let's go for the breakfast," he said when he saw that Nameless is awake too. "I will make some of my tea, it will do all of us good."

***

" Just if getting the herbs needed for the tea doesn't require you to jump to other layers of the world to get them. Also, no shapeshifting until further notice, so your soul would not stretch or twist needlessly. " Lord Nameless noted as they stood up, and then he blushed, probably shy in light of what they did yesterday, so he added, a little red to the face. " I mean, of course, tasty warm tea does sound so nice... But if you need some special plants from some other places, I'd eat my breakfast much happier if you'd send some Sun Spirit for them instead of going yourself, please. "

" Yes. I would not like you to exert and go elsewhere either. I'd be eating, very, very sadly too if you did... " they could hear a kitten with thoughts innocently affirm Nammy's wish. It turned to Svarik then too. " Have you eaten, by the way, or were you waiting for us? " it asked. " I thought... You still have lot of those big strawberries that I brought you left.. I think it would be very nice if we shared a bit of one of them before leaving. " little critter suggested hopefully, as if looking forward to it.

***

"Don't worry, I will send a sun spirit," Death assured them.

"I have eaten already, but not that much. I think I could fit in a piece of a strawberry," Svarik smiled.

***

" Then let us go!"  Kitten replied, seeming very pleased, carefully, not to hurt itself, snuggling close to Death, letting him carry him.
When they reached the kitchen, Mole greeted them warmly, and let them all sit down at a nice table in the corner, bringing them the hot tasty meal he made for them, jar of warm cookies he thoughtfully saved for lord Nameless, and readily left to the pantry to bring them a strawberry too.

***

Death made the tea when the sun spirit brought the herbs from a deeper layer, weaker for the mortals there and stronger for spirits.
Svarik ate a bit of the strawberry together with Ben.

***

While Death was making too, Ben asked to be left at the bench, and carefully, he changed form to human one. Most of his face and wrist peeking behind gloves and shirt seemed scorched or burned lightly, thought it didn't seem to be spreading too fast anymore, as if, thanks to the healing and tending the hurt soul received in last days, the demon part of Benjamin was calmer and less restless and violent.

The change in that was a bit visible on Ben too, as, despite only carefully touching objects as his hands were burnt, without pain thanks to Death too, he actually ate all that was prepared for it, and seemed to be delighted when it came to sharing of strawberry, making sure Nammy, Death and Svarik all get a nice fair slice before taking and munching on piece of it for himself.

***

After Death brought them the tea and all have eaten some breakfast, Svarik showed the letter (ooc: let's assume he took it from Conrad for this purpose) to Death and Ben, explaining how they got it,  but not yet what they deduced from it, interested in their own unbiased interpretation.
1234 ... 69